Contract – 32.5 Hrs./Wk.
The Engagement Coordinator will responsibly and professionally ensure the Chamber is connecting with members, the community and consumers by planning and implementing a communications strategy that will include social media platforms, blog posts, email and website management. Administrative responsibilities will include some financial tasks and staffing the front desk. Graduates in the field of communications, marketing or business are preferred.
This position is available because our permanent Engagement Coordinator is filling a pregnancy/parental leave within the organization. The position is expected to start in April 2018. The Coordinator works in a busy, not-for-profit environment, generally for 32.5 hours a week, with occasional commitments outside of these hours on weekdays and weekends.
Qualified applicants are invited to email a cover letter, resume and expected hourly wage by: 4:30 pm, Friday, March 23rd to: email@example.com, indicating “Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line.
What you will do:
- Prepares, updates and implements annual marketing and communications plan
- Coordinates/writes content for social media
- Prepares and circulates written communications – Newsletter/NewsFlash, blog posts, media releases, articles, emails, Annual Report
- Perform webmaster tasks utilizing WordPress and ChamberMaster
- Attends Chamber events, takes photos, live tweets
- Processes invoices, statements and deposits and makes collections calls
- Covers Front Desk
- Provides support to General Manager, Board of Directors & Committees
- Maintains membership database using customer relationship management software
- Provides tourist and business information to walk-in visitors and members
- Perform duties in a professional and confidential manner
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted marketing and communications practices for traditional and new media
- Superb communication & customer service skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing, website maintenance, database management, email marketing, desktop publishing
- Ability to learn new software
- Basic knowledge of accounts receivable processes
- Knowledge of Chamber of Commerce mandate
- Knowledge of the communities and business sectors within our geographic area
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and maintain accuracy and productivity
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to professionally interact with public, Chamber members and colleagues using tact & diplomacy
- A personable, positive and enthusiastic nature
- Valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.