CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
19.5 – 23.5 HRS/WK
The Customer Service Representative will responsibly and accurately perform transactions on a daily basis related to driver and vehicle licensing, health cards and organ donor registrations in accordance with ServiceOntario policies and regulations.
The position is located at our ServiceOntario office at 133 Water St., Lakefield. Hours of work will average approximately 21.5 hours/week including mid-day weekday shifts (approx. 11:30am – 3:30pm), full day and some Saturday mornings (until 1:00pm). This office is operated by the Kawartha Chamber of Commerce & Tourism on behalf of ServiceOntario. The Customer Service Representative is therefore an employee of the Chamber, a not-for-profit, and is not an employee of the provincial government. As part of our third-party contractor agreement with ServiceOntario, the Customer Service Representative must undergo security screening.
What you will do:
- Conducting driver and motor vehicle licensing transactions such as renewal of validation sticker, vehicle registration and transfer, driver’s licence renewal, driver’s abstract, etc.
- Conducting health card and donor registration transactions such as card renewals and replacements, name and address changes, organ donor consent, etc.
- General office tasks including collecting fees and balancing daily transactions, answering the phone, serving walk-in customers, etc.
- Attending or completing professional development and training as required.
What you will bring:
- A personable, positive and enthusiastic nature.
- Ability to operate Motor Vehicle Registration and Drivers Licence software systems as well as the Ministry of Health CRS program.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills for face-to-face and phone interactions.
- Ability to competently complete error-free tasks in a busy work environment.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to professionally interact with general public and colleagues using tact & diplomacy.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Health legislation and directives, or the ability to learn.
- Access to transportation to travel to and from work.
Qualified applicants, sincerely interested in part-time employment, are invited to send a cover letter, resume and expected hourly wage by 4:30pm on Friday, January 18th to:
email@example.com, indicating “Customer Service Representative” in the Subject line,
Kawartha Chamber of Commerce & Tourism,
P.O. Box 537, 12 Queen St., Lakefield, ON, K0L 2H0
Confidential to the Attention of: General Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.