“To strengthen business, regional recognition and pride of place, by serving our members and communities.”
“As a trusted voice for business and a champion of prosperity and vitality in our region”
- A membership to value
- A proud regional focus
- A destination with appeal
- A strong financial future
- An organization with capacity
The Kawartha Chamber proudly represents members in Curve Lake First Nation and the rural municipalities of Douro-Dummer, North Kawartha, Selwyn & Trent Lakes which encompass many quaint villages and hamlets: Apsley, Bridgenorth, Buckhorn, Douro, Ennismore, Lakefield, Warsaw and more. All are located within the County of Peterborough.
Your Chamber is a Proud Member of
The modern roots of the Kawartha Chamber of Commerce & Tourism can be traced back to the founding of the Lakefield and District Chamber of Commerce in 1947, although the concept of businesses expressing a common voice in the Kawarthas goes back to the Queen Street Merchants Association formed in the 1870s.
Always with the business interests of its members as a priority, subsequent versions of the organization followed:
- Lakefield Merchants Association (1875)
- Manufacturers and Traders Association (1880’s)
- Lakefield Board of Trade – Peterborough Board of Trade Joint Tourism Committee (1890 – 1930)
- Lakefield Merchants and Business Association (1930’s)
- Lakefield Businessmen’s Association (1930’s)
- Lakefield and District Chamber of Commerce (1947)
- Kawartha Lakes Chamber of Commerce, Eastern Region (1999)
- East Kawartha Chamber of Commerce (2010)
- Kawartha Chamber of Commerce & Tourism (2014)
After the closure of the Apsley Chamber of Commerce, businesses from North Kawartha were welcomed as members. Throughout its evolution, the Chamber has continually supported and promoted the business interests of its members in order to strengthen them and the communities they serve.