2019 Annual General Meeting
Tonya Kraan, Strexer Harrop & Associates & Past Board President, hosting our meeting
We hosted our Annual General Meeting last night, February 13th, at The Village Inn in Lakefield. If you missed it, keep reading for a recap of the event and to see some photos!
Last night, we:
- Discussed our 2018 year and its highlights.
- Presented the slate of directors for the coming year (see below for full slate) – welcome to new Board Directors Mary Brown, Sales Representative, Bowes & Cocks Ltd. Brokerage Apsley & Roberta Hubble, owner of Tim Hortons Lakefield & Bridgenorth!
- Approved our Bylaws.
- Enjoyed networking and refreshments.
- Presented sponsorships & donations.
- Held a membership draw as well as door prize draws.
- Hosted a new member welcome. Our First Data rep, Bruce Averill , and Chamber Group Insurance rep, Brian Bulger, The Life Insurance Guy, were both on hand to answer any questions.
New Member Welcome Display
We would like to extend a huge thank you to our Refreshment Donors for the evening! We enjoyed sandwiches from The Bridgenorth Deli and Cassis Bistro, pizza from Pizza Alloro, cookies and squares from Lakefield Bakery on Queen & M&M Food Market respectively, a cheese platter & veggies from Lakefield Foodland as well as beverages from The Village Inn, who also graciously hosted us in their meeting space for the meeting.
Some of the delicious refreshments
We also received great door prizes. Thank you to Tim Hortons Lakefield & Bridgenorth, The Bee’s Knees Encaustics, CIBC Bridgenorth & Lakefield, Salon Sorella & Day Spa, Stoney Lake Cruises and The Art Shop for their donations.
Last night, we commemorated the retirement of two Board Directors: the late Garry Douglas, North Kawartha Design and Kawartha Lakes Construction, and Tom LaBranche, Village Pet Food & Supply.
In Garry’s honour, we presented a donation to Cuddles for Cancer. Charlotte, a member of Cuddles for Cancer Youth Council, accepted the cheque on behalf of Cuddles for Cancer founder, Faith Dickinson.
Retiring Board Director, Tom LaBranche, chose the Peterborough Humane Society for his donation. Unfortunately, a member of the Peterborough Humane Society wasn’t able to attend last night.
Tom LaBranche presented the donation to Cuddles for Cancer on Garry’s behalf
We also presented our 2019 sponsorships for PolarFest and the Ice Sculpture Carving, which were accepted by Terry McQuitty (Lakefield Herald) and Jennie MacKenzie (Lakefield Pantry), respectively.
Tonya Kraan presenting the Kawartha Chamber’s sponsorship for PolarFest to Terry McQuitty
Tonya Kraan presenting the Kawartha Chamber’s sponsorship for the PolarFest Ice Carving event to Jennie MacKenzie
The last cheque presentation of the evening was with Board Director Lynn Woodcroft, Sales Representative, Royal LePage Frank Real Estate. Lynn renewed her Professional Development Sponsorship with us for 2019-20. Gerry Herron of Blue Diamond Window Cleaning also renewed his 2019-20 Networking Events Sponsorship but wasn’t able to make it to the meeting.
Lynn Woodcroft presenting her sponsorship to Tonya Kraan
Thank you to everyone who came out to our AGM last night. We had a great time networking, enjoying refreshments and recapping our 2018 year with you all!
More Photos From Our AGM
Members enjoying some networking & refreshments before the meeting commenced
Auditor, Marie Dietrich of Grant Thornton LLP, presenting her report
Charlotte, a member of Cuddles for Cancer’s Youth Council, getting ready for the presentation
Kelland Sewell, rPM3 Solutions Canada Inc, giving our members a brief overview of B2B
Board Directors 2019-20
- Casey Kidd, Savage Arms
- Cindy Windover, Windover Plumbing
- Chris Wilson, Let’s Get Digital
- Jillian Harrington, Clearview Cottage Resort
- Kevan Herod, Herod Financial Services
- Leslie Nunes, Kinetic Therapeutics
- Lynn Woodcroft, Sales Representative, Royal LePage Frank Real Estate
- Mary Brown, Sales Representative, Bowes & Cocks Ltd. Brokerage Apsley
- Mike Walker, Agilec
- Penny Wilson, The Cozy Home
- Roberta Hubble, Tim Hortons Lakefield & Bridgenorth
- Scott Matheson, CIBC
- Sheri Hockaday, Salon Sorella & Day Spa
- Tonya Kraan, Strexer Harrop & Associates
- Tracy Logan, Logan Tree Experts
*The Board Executive will be elected at our March 2019 Board Meeting on March 11th at 6pm at The Village Inn.